Six Green Stars: William McCormack Place, Stage II - World Class Achievement
MGF Consultants designed the Electrical, Mechanical, Acoustic and Lift services, along with the Green-Star documentation of the first regional Australian building to be awarded a Six-Star Green Star Office Design V2 rating.
The building is represents World Best Practice design principles in green building and environmentally sustainable design. William McCormack Place, Stage IIis the Queensland State Government Department of Public Works and is home to a number of government agencies across Cairns.
- Installation of 193 solar cells on the rooftop to provide a total of 63 kilowatts of power to the building;
- Lightening the air-conditioning load through the use of ceiling fans to circulate cool-air;
- Lighting-control system to adjust the artificial light levels according to direct light within the building;
- Use of recycled grey water for toilets, irrigation, etc;
- Provisions for bicyle storage facilities to promote the use of greener, more 'environmentally sustainable' modes of transport;
As the specialist services Consulting Engineers on the project, MGF are proud to be associated with the achievement and congratulate the entire design and construction crews on a World Class Achievement.